Monday, June 09, 2008

Ahhh

It was an incredible sunset tonight. The water was like wavy glass, the air smelled like buds bursting into flowers, and the temperature was just right for walking barefoot in the sand.

Been a long day, but a good one. I just got back to camp from a little stint in the hometown, and getting my act back together with an assistant to boot has been in interesting transition. Gwen held the reins a bit while I was gone last week (and reorganized the desk! Something I hadn't done since I started...) and we're beginning to get past the orientating stage...

Getting really jazzed about the summer to come - there are some pretty wickedly awesome crew, staff, and interns here, hungry to grow, eager to serve, and of course psyched with the in-your-face community of amazing people. And I get to be on the end of encouraging growth! Oh wow. It pretty much rocks my socks, that part of the deal does. Don't know why, but I still get surprised when God answers prayers for blessing and growth and people...He always comes through in sweet ways. Letting me hit my feet on lots of bumps, but leading beside the quiet waters too.

Read any good books lately? I just started an interesting one: UnChristian probably has some interesting reviews as well on the amazon page too.

So seriously - any good books lately?

No comments: