Saturday, February 05, 2011

train!

Another popular way to get around, which isn't so popular here in the US (although I wish it were!) is by train. Yes, it's slower than plane, but so much cheaper!

3rd bunk

This here is an image from the train going from Beijing to Ningxia


View Larger Map

Which was quite a trip!

This one is actually a subway ride in Shanghai taken by my friend Lance:

Sardines

Touch being a love language of mine, it wasn't such a travesty to be squeezed into the subway while in China. It was a lonely time for me, seeing as how my father had passed away just months before and I didn't know anyone walking into this place. So riding the bus and subway were times of being near people- even though we weren't 'near' to one another. True, it has its downfalls, such as pickpocketing (which more than one of my friends experienced in China in large part because we were 'laowai', but hey, it happens)

Now here in the states, I'm not sure they understand how many people can fit on a subway car.

This clip makes me think of China, even though it's Japan...



You might not believe it until you see it. Have a peek.

No comments: