Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hello sweet coolness!

Alrighty- update: I am now in Tianjin, about 2 hours from Beijing, living with my dear friend Clare 
and her roommates for the next couple weeks.

My goodness so much to say! I really miss Guyuan- the smalltown (270,000?) life is definitely 
more familiar to me than the crowded craziness of the subway in Beijing or the bus in Tianjin. 
Although the bus yesterday wasn't too bad. We just had to push push push to get on and we 
made it!

Today and yesterday have been very cool. I think it may be because of the storms in the south 
bringing us cool weather. 2 nights ago when I was in Beijing, it rained almost the whole night, 
which is nearly unheard of here.

It was sad to say goodbye to my American family at the airport- but I am so thankful for Clare, 
who was with me and has many of the same memories. Those guys know me so well from the 
past month. So thanks guys. I'll try and get out those weekly updates to you- but we'll see how 
that goes.

Clare and I ordered 2 dishes last night and rice, and it was waaaay too much! I am so used to 
eating with at least 7 others at meals, it will be sad to have only 1 or 2 choices of dishes for the 
next few weeks and in Shanghai. Hopefully I'll make friends quickly, and learn how to order the 
food I like. There are so many good things to eat!

Okay, hopefully that is sufficient for an update for now. Maybe I'll figure out how to get my 
photos online someday soon (maybe today?) so email me or give me your email if you want the 
link and don't have it.

Tsai Chien! 

No comments: